GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
1. The school gates will open at 07:25 a.m. to let the children in. The school shall not be responsible for their well- being if they reach earlier than that.
2. School gates will close at 07:50 a.m. Children must reach school before the gate closes.
3. Parents are requested to refrain from requesting permission to send children late or take them early.
4. No student shall stay back in the school premises after school hours, except when detained by the Principal or teachers. The school shall not be responsible for their well-being if they stay back after school hours without permission.
5. No student shall leave the school premises during school hours, without the permission of the Principal. No student is allowed to take half day leave without prior information / permission, and that too in case of emergency only.
6. The school diary is to be brought to school every day. A fine of Rs. 30 will be charged if a child is found without the school almanac.
7. All entries in the diary done by the teachers or administrators must be shown to the parents and their signature must be obtained as a mark of acknowledgement. Parents / Guardians are requested to check the P2C account and the School Diary of their ward daily. Teacher's remarks made in the diary and the P2C account should be acknowledged and counter-signed.
8. Only English to be spoken in the school premises, except in other language periods.
9. The school uniform should be clean and well ironed. Students shabbily dressed are liable to be fined or sent back home.
10. Boys shall ensure that their hair is trimmed short at regular intervals. Unbuttoned shirts, low waist/ narrow bottom trousers, ear stud for boys are not allowed. Counsel your ward to dress decently. Boys must come to school with either well-trimmed beard or clean shaven (except Sikh boys). Girls shall plait their hair neatly, no fringes allowed. Finger nails to be trimmed regularly, no nail paint and tattoos allowed. Henna, if required, to be applied on the palms only.
11. Students must wear their Identity Card every day. Otherwise a fine of Rs. 30 will be charged.
12. Any reported or observed objectionable conduct of the pupil inside or outside the school premises will invite disciplinary action.
13. All intoxicants like tobacco, drugs etc. except prescribed medicines are strictly prohibited in school premises. Any such item found with the child will incur strict action, including suspension.
14. In case of habitual negligence in home assignments the child will be detained after school hours to complete the work. In such a case, Parents / Guardians have to make arrangements to pick up the child from school.
15. Any student who uses unfair means during tests will be given zero in that subject and parents will be summoned. Repetition of such offence shall invite strict disciplinary action.
16. Dishonesty, obscenity in words or action, serious misconduct or threats inside or outside the school shall lead to dismissal of your ward.
17. Students should be polite and courteous. All students are urged to maintain high moral and ethical standard in their manners and conduct.
18. Parents are requested to provide the latest residential and office address and telephone numbers to the school through the school almanac. In case of any changes, you are requested to update the contact information given to the school through an application addressed to the principal, at the earliest.
19. The name, class, section of the pupil should be clearly marked on all the belongings of the students. Blazers and jerseys should also bear the name of the student.
20. Use of electronic devices such as mobile phone, camera and USB drive is strictly prohibited during the school hours. Under unavoidable circumstances, prior permission must be obtained from the Principal and the phone or the pen-drive must be deposited at the reception before the student reaches his classroom. In such a case, the students are allowed to bring a basic model of mobile phone without camera and internet facility. He /she may collect the same before leaving the school in the afternoon. If any student is found in possession of a phone, camera and USB drive without permission, it shall be permanently confiscated.
21. Students are not allowed to wear jewellery in school. The school cannot be held responsible for the loss of any personal items including cash, belonging to the child. Students are not allowed to bring more than Rs.50/-. If any parent wants to send money for any purpose through the ward, he/she should mention the same in the diary.
22. Students shall treat all school property with care. Students are forbidden to write or scribble on the wall/furniture, dirty the classrooms or damage any material. The parent / guardian will have to compensate for any damage done to school property or to the property of others. If a student notices any school property damaged, he/she should report the matter to the school authorities immediately.
23. Consumption of non-vegetarian food is strictly prohibited within the school premises.
24. For security reasons no tiffin for students of Nursery and KG will be accepted at the main gate. Parents / guardians should send tiffin with the children in the morning.
25. In order to maintain equality, no gifts are to be sent to school on child's birthday and only distribution of a box of sweets/ dry fruits etc. is permissible. If parents are interested, they can donate story books to the library. We maintain a no-plastic zone in school, thus, do not send chocolates/biscuits/toffees etc. wrapped in plastic covers. Cutting of cake
in the classroom/school premises/ school bus is also not permitted.
26. Parents can meet the Vice Principal/Primary Coordinator to discuss issues pertaining to their ward on PTM days (as per the time allotted) and on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Working Saturdays between 09:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. only. Incase of any emergency on other days, a prior appointment must be taken by calling at the reception or through a note in the school diary.
CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Students should invariably be polite wherever they go. They should always remember that the school is judged by their conduct. They should greet their teachers when they meet them. The student who refuses to adhere to the school norms despite getting repeated warnings will be sent back home. No attendance would be given to a student during period of suspension.
2. Student Cabinet will wear their respective badges daily.
3. Students are advised to keep their class room, school buildings and campus as clean as possible and throw leftovers into the dustbins only.
4. The school provides education from Pre – school to class XII. Therefore, it is expected that the juniors be treated with love and affection, while the juniors show respect to their seniors.
5. A permission note in the almanac signed by the teacher (incharge of a period) must be carried by a child going to the medical room for treatment.
6. It is mandatory for students to carry class pass if he/she needs to go outside the classroom.
7. Students should not unnecessarily leave their class at the end of every period. Changing of classrooms between periods in a disorderly manner, missing any teaching / games /activity period will attract disciplinary action.
No Student shall indulge in any of the following practices:
1. Indulging in uncivilized behavior or using foul and abusive language.
2. Scribbling or writing anything on the school uniform & ID card.
3. Shouting, bullying – directly (e.g. through physical intimidation or attacks, verbal abuse, unwanted attention and advances, damaging property), or indirectly (e.g. through spreading malicious rumors) or cyber-bullying (e.g., sending unpleasant SMS messages, photographs or email) against a fellow student or any member of the staff.
4. Indulging in any misbehavior/ misdeed, directly or online, which could be derogatory for the institution or any person.
5. Spitting in or near the school building, any form of gambling rowdyism and rude behavior, any kind of substance abuse.
6. Casteism, communalism or untouchabilty in any form.
7. Carrying books, magazines or paper other than text books or library books.
8. Bringing any sharp instruments such as knives etc. to the school, or any kind of object that can cause injury to others
9. Bringing or using correction fluid in school.
10. Cooperate or indulge in any act of violence committed by other students which will harm any student physically or mentally.
11. Lending or borrowing of money or other expensive articles.
12. As per observation and understanding of the gravity of the misconduct, the school management shall undertake the following actions (Refer to CBSE circular No. ACAD: - 17/2015 : 09 March ,2015)
I. Oral/ written warning.
II. Suspension from attending classes / school for a specified period.
III. Withholding or cancelling the results.
IV. Imposition of heavy fine.( Please refer to the school diary)
V. Expulsion /rustication from school.
ATTENDANCE AND LEAVE RULES
1. Minimum 80% attendance is compulsory in the academic session for eligibility to sit in the final exams of school as well as the Board Examination.
2. Leave or absence will be granted only on prior written application from the parent / guardian, except in unforeseen circumstances.
3. Absence from the school even for a day has to be supported by a leave application duly signed by the parent and it must be sent the very next day through the student.
4. Please do not send leave applications through P2C.
5. Sick leave for more than two days must be supported by a medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner. Students suffering from any infectious disease must not be sent to school unless he / she has completed the quarantine period. In such cases, rejoining must be supported by 'fitness certificate' from a registered doctor.
6. For out station leave, parents must obtain a sanction in advance. For students from class IX onwards leave will be granted solely at the discretion of the Principal.
7. Continuous absence from school for 15 days without permission will lead to the removal of the pupil's name from the school register. In such cases, readmission will only be granted after payment of an additional admission fee.
8. Absence from school during tests / examinations will not be condoned except in case of major ailments.
9. Students will NOT be permitted to leave early on the examination/assessment days. Such requests will not be entertained at all. Still, if parents insist and pick their ward early, it will result in deduction of 5 MARKS in that particular exam/ assessment. For medical reasons, the school medical staff will assess the medical condition of the student and inform the parents accordingly, if the student needs to be picked early. Kindly refrain from sending your ward to school if he/she is unwell and needs medical attention and rest.
1. Students using the school bus shall be at the bus stop at least five minutes before the expected time of arrival of the bus. The bus shall not wait for late comers. The child should be picked up from the drop point in time, or else the child will be escorted back to school.
2. Bus charges are subject to revision in case there is a rise in fuel prices.
3. The escort of your ward should be identifiable by your ward and our bus security staff/ the teacher-in charge, and should compulsorily bring the duplicate identity card of the child while coming to drop or pickup the child.
The following guidelines have thus been framed to assist students in understanding their obligations while using school bus:
1. Students are also expected to respect and follow instructions given by the teacher in-charge and bus staff who supervise, instruct and monitor their activity on the way back and forth to school. They must refrain from defacing the school bus.
2. Please note that the second ID card given to you serves as the Disclaimer. You are thus requested to produce it every day at the time of deboarding the bus.
3. An undertaking has to be signed by both the parents in the School Transport Office in case they want their child to go unescorted from the bus stop.
4. Prior application must be sent to the class teacher in case your ward won’t travel by bus in the afternoon and will be picked by parents/guardian/driver.
5. Students indulging in aggressive or violent behavior will not be allowed to travel by school bus.
Please note that violation of the school discipline code on the bus will result in withdrawal of the bus facility.
1. Please note that the second ID-card given to you serves as the disclaimer. You are thus requested to produce it every day at the time of dispersal.
2. Parents / Guardians who escort their child / ward to and from school shall leave them at the school gate in the morning and receive them only at the gate in the afternoon. Parents / Guardians shall not enter the classrooms or remain in the school premises.
3. The school prohibits its students from driving a two or four wheelers to and fro school, even if they possess a driving license. Those found driving a two or a four wheeler would not be permitted to enter or leave from the school.
4. No student will be allowed to leave the school premises unless escorted by parents or person authorized by the parent (as indicated in Student’s ID card).
In case the student’s almanac does not bear the photograph of the escort, an authority letter bearing the photograph of the person, who is authorized to pick up the ward from the school premises, must be submitted to the class teacher by the parent.
MODE OF FEE PAYMENT:
1. Please refer to the school diary for the Fees Rules (Page No. 14 & 15)
2. The school/ bank will not be responsible if a cheque, issued towards any payment due to the school, is dishonoured on its presentation to the bank for insufficient funds/signature mismatch/overwriting or any other reason.
3. To avoid last date rush (10th day of the first month of every quarter), parents are requested to pay the fees well in advance.
4. If the fee slip does not reach you on time, kindly collect the duplicate of the same from the fee counter.
5. School transport once requisitioned shall be valid for the whole quarter; mid-term cancellations shall not be entertained and transport fees shall not be refunded.